Every business had two sides: the public face and the insider face. The difference is very pronounced, especially for cops and soldiers.
All people in the USA have to lie in order to get a job:
The Starbucks barista has to say “I love customers! And I love coffee. I just want to serve people the best coffee possible.”
The American cops has to say “I just want to serve the community and protect the weak. I care so much about other people. I never lie or break the law.”
There are certain truths cops learn very quickly. Their great sin, is not applying those experiences to other cops.
– There is no such thing as fighting crime. We can jail people, beat them up, fine them, shoot them, but the second we leave, they’ll return to what they were doing before we came.
– Those cops who do believe in fighting crime are chasing the buck. They con the public and their superiors to get the promotion. The higher you go in law enforcement, the more one sees this. This is just like corporate executives talking about their deep concerns about people, instead of money.
– Everyone is selfish, everyone lies. Including cops. We lie all the time to each other, our family, and citizens. We’re just like anyone else.
– People are nervous around police because they are men with guns. A cop can do virtually anything he wants, without consequences. Many cops act like people should not be nervous around them, but they know the the truth. If you treat a cop like a cop treats a citizen, he becomes very upset and indignant.
– There is no such thing as “protecting the weak”
The weak are either eaten by the criminals or by us. They’ll pay protection money to the Mafia, or to us. Either way, they will pay. The same racket mobsters use to extort businesses, we use to extort citizens. The War on Terror and War on Drugs are both welfare for cops. They will NEVER be over.