– “Do you know why you’re here?”
Guily tend to say that they don’t know. Innocent admit that they do. These are patterns dets notice over time.
– “What should happen to the killer?”
Citizens tend to be hard on crime. Give him death, fry his ass. Criminals are more lenient.
– The dogma is that the innocent are EAGER to tell their story. They want to prove their innocence. The guilty don’t care or don’t want to talk. This is how dets think.
– Typically, one or two dets go into while the suspect in the interview room. But outside, watching the moniter, there’s a group of ………..about 10 pigs watching the interview….WHOOOOO! *slap* He confessed! It’s high theater for them.
– Lawyering up.
The detective’s nemesis. They hate it and think only the guilty do it. But they respect it, because its the smart thing to do. The only reason pigs talk is to sell their marks a longer prison sentance.
– MOST criminals belive cops are the good guys, and they won’t lie.
Untrue. Cops can say or do almost anything to get a confession. “We’ve got your DNA. Lotta evidence left there. Tell me what happend….and I’ll tell the DA you cooperated.”
– People talking is what solves cases.
Wits and confessions. Forensics is the sexy area that the public likes to see, pulling rabbits out of the hat. Most cases are not forensics or circumstantial cases. If a case goes down inside 3 days, it is people talking that solved it. Not forensics.